Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

There's a face... on my face


More mayhem from art class! This was a project I worked on for Jarek Kapunscinski and Elaine Buckholtz's Intermedia Workshop 2010. It was really awesome--they let us do whatever we wanted! Plus we got to work in the super-secret lab-mansion up on the hill, like mad scientists. (If you're ever on Stanford Campus, visit the Knoll!)

Special thanks to Alex Pounds for spending an hour in that chair. Here's the documentation footage. That's Professor Jarek's voice telling people to take programs :)



I really wanted to do this ever since I'd seen the video for Burning Down the House by Talking Heads. I discovered Talking Heads in high school, and literally spent an entire night watching the video over and over. David Byrne! Is! A! Friggin'! Genius!!!




Good! Night!
T. King

1 comment:

  1. I should have clarified. Alex has a blindfold on, and I'm projecting an image of her face onto her face. Her projected face is moving, but her real face is not.

    In the Talking Heads video, lead singer David Byrne projects a still image of his face onto various other people as they sing. Very creepy :D

    ReplyDelete